Software

Software

Based on responses from 899 companies across a variety of industries and sizes, including 36 respondents from software companies, The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices Report provides real world benchmarks that enable software executives to understand the key sales and marketing drivers of the manufacturing industry and their own business.

Containing 139 charts and graphs, the report provides insight on the effectiveness and use of nearly all sales and marketing channels and tactics for companies in software.  With 36 respondents from the software industry, there is a tremendous amount of information for software businesses to benchmark against their competitors.

Among the charts with direct industry comparisons for software companies are:
Average Variable Compensation As A Percentage Of Base Salary By Industry
Base Sales Compensation: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Number Of Respondents By Industry
Policy On Sales Commission Caps By Industry
Total Compensation Multiple: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Total Marketing Expenditure As A Percentage Of Revenue Among Software Companies
Total Marketing Expenditure As A Percentage Of Revenue By Industry
Total Sales Compensation By Industry – Bottom Quartile
Total Sales Compensation By Industry – Median
Average Base Sales Salaries By Industry
Average Contribution Margin on New Revenue By Industry
Average Lead Time to Close a New Sale By Industry
Average Number Of Sales Emails and Calls Per Week Per Salesperson By Industry
Average Number Of Visits Made Per Salesperson Per Week Among Manufacturers
Average Number Of Visits Made Per Salesperson Per Week By Industry
Base Sales Compensation: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Channel Mix By Industry
Investment In Sales and Marketing As A Percentage of Total Revenues – Median By Industry
Investment In Sales As A Percentage Of Revenue By Industry
Investment In Sales As A Percentage Of Revenue By Revenue Growth
Median Percentage Of FTE’s In Sales By Industry
Percentage Of Repeat Customers By Industry
Percentage of Total Sales from New Customers By Industry
Revenue per Customer By Industry
Sales Executives and Supervisors Per 10 Sales People By Industry
Salesforce Productivity: Average Revenue per Salesperson By Industry

SalesMarketing BarChart 172

Competition in the software industry is fierce. It’s not enough to have the slickest UI or the most advanced features. Capturing market share is essence to a competitive software company, and a key way to increase awareness is through investment in marketing.

The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices Report can help software executives benchmark their marketing effectiveness against other software companies. One of the 139 charts included in the report, total marketing expenditure as a percentage of revenue among software companies provides data on average, median, and top and bottom quartiles marketing expenditure in the software industry.

On average software companies allocate 7.5% of revenue towards marketing personnel and another 13% of revenue to other marketing costs. As a software executive, is your firm allocating enough capital into marketing to increase awareness and capture market share from your competitors? If you aren’t spending enough on marketing, your product awareness may suffer and your sales may disappoint. The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices contains valuable data to help your software company achieve its growth targets and increase the ROI on you sales and marketing efforts.
Order yours today!
SalesMarketing BarChart 110

On average, 48% of total sales are from new customers in the software industry, while the remaining 52% coming from existing customers. Software companies need to invest heavily in sales and marketing to increase awareness and attract new business, but also focus on customer service to retain existing customers.

The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices allows software executives to measure key benchmarks against competitive firms and develop tactics to increase revenues and market share. With 139 charts and graphs, software executives can immensely benefit by ordering the report today.