Media

Media

Based on responses from 899 companies across a variety of industries and sizes, including 48 respondents from the media industry, The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices Report provides real world benchmarks that enable media executives to understand the key sales and marketing drivers of the media industry and their own business.

Containing 139 charts and graphs, the report provides insight on the effectiveness and use of nearly all sales and marketing channels and tactics for companies in media.   With 48 respondents from the media industry, there is a tremendous amount of information for media businesses to benchmark against their competitors.

Among the charts with direct industry comparisons for media companies are:

Average Variable Compensation As A Percentage Of Base Salary By Industry
Base Sales Compensation: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Number Of Respondents By Industry
Policy On Sales Commission Caps By Industry
Total Compensation Multiple: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Total Marketing Expenditure As A Percentage Of Revenue Among Media Companies
Total Marketing Expenditure As A Percentage Of Revenue By Industry
Total Sales Compensation By Industry – Bottom Quartile
Total Sales Compensation By Industry – Median
Average Base Sales Salaries By Industry
Average Contribution Margin on New Revenue By Industry
Average Lead Time to Close a New Sale By Industry
Average Number Of Sales Emails and Calls Per Week Per Salesperson By Industry
Average Number Of Visits Made Per Salesperson Per Week Among Manufacturers
Average Number Of Visits Made Per Salesperson Per Week By Industry
Base Sales Compensation: Highest Paid vs. Lowest Paid By Industry
Channel Mix By Industry
Investment In Sales and Marketing As A Percentage of Total Revenues – Median By Industry
Investment In Sales As A Percentage Of Revenue By Industry
Median Percentage Of FTE’s In Sales By Industry
Percentage Of Repeat Customers By Industry
Percentage of Total Sales from New Customers By Industry
Revenue per Customer By Industry
Sales Executives and Supervisors Per 10 Sales People By Industry
Salesforce Productivity: Average Revenue per Salesperson By Industry

SalesMarketing BarChart 105

On average, media companies generate roughly 78% of their revenue from repeat customers, and the remaining 22% of revenue comes from new customers. It’s worth noting that for the 25th percentile of media companies, 75% of revenue comes from repeat customers, while the 75th percentile of media companies derive 95% of their revenue from repeat customers.

As an executive at a media company, repeat customers represent the bulk of your business. Are you attracting new customers at a higher rate than your competitors, allowing your company to grow faster than your competition? Using the information in The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices Report will allow you to benchmark your competitors and develop strategies to capture more business from new and repeat customers.

SalesMarketing BarChart 135

One of the keys to attracting and retaining a talented salesforce is through offering a competitive compensation package. The B2B Sales and Marketing: Key Benchmarks and Best Practices Report allows media executives to benchmark salary information against other verticals and competitors in the media industry.

The median average base sales salary in media is $80,000 with the average base salary for media companies in the 75th percentile of base salaries is $100,000. As a media executive, you cannot afford a below average salesforce. Offering a competitive base salary will allow you to field a sales team which will allow your firm to capture business from your competition. Using this data, you can offer a competitive base salary and retain an effective sales force.